We Need Your Help
Your support allows us to provide quality assault prevention workshops to the most vulnerable members of our society.
The Centre is a non-profit organization and registered charity since 1984.
The Centre offers a range of assault prevention programs designed for particularly vulnerable groups such as children, adolescents, women of all ages, and people with functional physical and/or intellectual limitations.
The Centre’s programs focus on developing and building capacity and resources to help participants cope with
difficult and dangerous situations.
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD DONATE TODAY
YOUR DONATION MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your support allows us to provide quality assault prevention workshops to the most vulnerable members of our society. The Montreal Assault Prevention Centre offers its services directly to over 3,500 people, every year. Many more receive help indirectly or access resources offered through our office.
Every donation makes a great impact:
$10 allows a child to receive the Child Assault Prevention Program (CAP)
$40 gives a teenage girl a self-defense course (ACTION)
$65 a woman for a self-defense course (ACTION)
$100 an assault prevention workshop for a group with an intellectual disability
$300 CAP for a class of children for a school in a disadvantaged neighborhood
$650 for an ACTION course for women in a shelter
Your membership also has privileges:
- you will receive our biannual newsletter
- you get a tax receipt for the total amount of the donation
- recognition, if authorized, on our website for donations of $150 or more
- invitation to our annual general assembly or any other event organised by the Centre
We thank all our supporters for their generosity.
- Ministry of Health of Social Services
- Department of Justice Canada – Victims and Survivors of Crime Week
- City of Montreal
- Fondation de la famille Bronfman
- PayPal Giving Fund Canada
- Réseau d’action des femmes en sante et services sociaux (RAFSSS)
- L’Association étudiante de psychologie et sociologie de l’Université de Montréal (AEPSUM)
- Peter Caines
- Rita Carrière
- Dr. Jean-Yves Frappier
- Jacques Nolin
Since 1984 the Montreal Assault Prevention Centre has presented its workshops to over 140,000 people.
Canadian Charity registration number:
896482536 RR 0001